My Mother school

My school is St Mary's College in Kegalle and it is located in Kegalle city. It is one of the first five missionary schools in Sri Lanka. It was started on March 1st of 1967 and my school is now celebrating its 156th Anniversary. I started learning at this school when I was 6 years old. 



                                  Our School was founded by Rev. Fr. Domenico Pingulani. When our school started, there were 22 students and one teacher. But now our school is a place that holds 2000 students and more than 150 teachers.In 1960 our school was changed to a Government school.


                                  Our school’s primary section is located separately from the main school and it is located in Meepitiya Kegalle. Secondary and Advanced level sections are located in the main school premises. Most famous celebrities like Edward jayakodi, Bandu Samarsinghe and Ashoka Handagama are old students of our School. So I am very happy and proud about my school.

Comments

Popular Posts